Did You Know That Google Gives Nonprofits A $10,000 Grant?
Yes, that’s correct! Your nonprofit organization can utilise this Google Grant to improve website traffic and cultivate an engaged community, thereby building support for your mission.
Starting a nonprofit organisation is an incredible way to positively impact your neighborhood and the world as a whole. Whether you’re striving to improve access to sophisticated medical care or assisting those affected by natural catastrophes, one thing remains constant; you’ll have to advertise your efforts and activities to as many individuals as possible. The Google Ad Grants programme does precisely that!
When Google Ad Grants were started in 2003, it was a ‘no-strings-attached’ agreement. Nonprofits were given $10,000 in free Google Ads credits and were able to use the platform in the same way as commercial advertisers.
Since the inception of Google Ad Grants in 2003, a lot has changed, which has led to some frequent misunderstandings about the process, including how long the applications actually take, and how the Grant operates behind the scenes.
Our tailored customer-centric approach in marketing maximizes sales.
Search Engine Marketing:Drive traffic, boost conversions & grow your business
Social Media Marketing:Maximize your social media potential & engage with your audience
LinkedIn Marketing:Unlock the power of LinkedIn!
Video Production & Photography:Elevate your business with captivating visuals
So, what is this special grant and how can you avail of it?
Every month, Google pledges $10,000 to $40,000 USD to nonprofits for running advertisements on their platforms. This enables you to access the best features of Google Ads and allows you to appeal to the masses. Whether you’re looking for people, contributors, or just some help generating publicity for your social purpose, Google Ad Grants can be a valuable resource and advertising strategy.
How can you qualify for this programme? Here’s a step-by-step guide
Organisations must complete the registration process in order to be eligible, and they must adhere to the programme’s guidelines in order to maintain the grant.
Your organisation must meet the following criteria to be qualified to enrol in the Google Ad Grants programme:
- A Google for Nonprofits account must be applied for and obtained.
- Individuals can join the BigTech Donations Program by registering as individuals. This will allow you to contribute to the community by blogging. After you’ve joined up, confirm your account and afterwards register your business.
- The next step is to complete the online application, which will ask for details such as the charity’s registration number, financial plan, IT PAN number, FCRA number, and mission statement.
- If NASSCOM requires any documents to validate the position, budget, location, or activity, they will approach the organisation. NASSCOM will validate the organisation’s eligible status in 7-10 working days of receiving all of the required information.
- Your organisation needs to be a registered trust, society or section 8 (formerly section 25) company. Also, a registration under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) is required to be eligible for Google grant programme.
- Your company cannot be a government entity and avail of this benefit. Schools, colleges, and educational establishments are also not permitted, although Google also has an education programme to assist schools.
- Your organisation must consent to the programme’s non – discriminatory donation acknowledgement and also use registration certificates verified by the donors and various accredited organisations.
- As per the recruitment practices or the management of services and programmes, your charity must not discriminate for any illegal reason.
- In relation to employment procedures, your objective must not discriminate based on gender or sexual orientation.
- You must affirm that your nonprofit’s objective will not jeopardise Google’s business operations now or in the future.
- You must ensure that any donation received by your organisation will not be used to fraudulently mislead any government employee in order to acquire or keep business or gain any other illegal benefit.
- Your company must have a Google-approved high-quality website with the following requirements:
- There should be no broken links.
- Adaptable to mobile devices
- Quick load times
- An SSL certificate that is valid and installed
- Significant and distinctive content that clearly describes your mission and vision.
How to apply for Google Grants for nonprofits?
Finding out how to submit for a Google Ad Grant can be difficult. There are several stages that must be accomplished before applying for a Google Grant:
- Google Analytics must be installed on your website.
- You must enroll as a nonprofit at BigTech.org.
- Sign up for Google for Nonprofits.
- You’ll have to go to your BigTech account, then on to the Validation Token section, and acquire a validation token as required for the Google for Nonprofits membership process.
- Finally, by using the Google Grants registration form, you can register for Google Grants.
How can nonprofits establish a Google Ads account?
To make the most of Google Grants for NGO, it’s not just about obtaining approval for your grant application. You must also set up and authorize Google Ads accounts with relevant campaigns for Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that there are specific regulatory and practice guidelines that you need to follow to get the most out of your accounts and remain eligible for the program. One general recommendation is to avoid relying too heavily on Smart Google Ads, which are automated and less effective, as Google limits the capabilities of such campaigns for Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization. By adhering to best practices and using more sophisticated targeting methods, you can ensure that your NGO’s ads reach the right audience and drive meaningful results. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you optimize your Google Grants for NGO campaigns and achieve your nonprofit’s goals!
Limitations that you might face with Google Ad Grants
Though Google Ad Grants is a splendid programme and really helps NGOs broaden their reach, there are still certain limitations that can be improved upon:
$2 limit on cost per click
It can be difficult to hit the peak of search results for extremely competitive keywords, as bids from advertisers with ordinarily paid ad profiles are probably considerably higher than $2.
Just on Google search
With Google Grants for NGO, it’s important to note that your ads can only be displayed on the Google Search page and not on the Google Search Partners subnet. This subnet includes third-party web designers who have integrated the Google search function on their website. While this may seem like a limitation, it’s not a significant concern because you can still reach a large audience through Google Search. By effectively targeting your audience with relevant keywords, you can ensure that your NGO’s ads are shown to the right people at the right time. So, if you’re looking to make the most of your Google Grants for NGO, be sure to focus on targeting your audience effectively through Google Search. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you optimize your ad targeting strategy for maximum impact!
Cannot access the display network
You won’t be able to use the Google Display Network (GDN), which involves both display prospects and advertising, to run banners or text advertising. You won’t be able to display catchy and tiny advertisements that follow you across the internet.
So, how does this $10,000 per month of Google advertising benefit your NGO?
The free advertising will appear in Google Search results for terms that your target audiences are searching for, and can be extremely relevant to your company if your ad campaigns are well-planned and executed. Those advertisements, if efficient, will have more of an impact on the communities who see them, as compared to paid ads.
An increase in traffic, brand exposure, and conversion are the three key advantages of Google Advertising for your NGO.
Perfecting your strategy for ad grants
Let’s start perfecting your Ad Grants approach with these parameters in consideration. If you’ve encountered any issues with Google Ad Grants, here are a few simple strategies to get the most out of your advertising budget without paid ads:
Use a variety of bidding approaches.
When it comes to Google Grants for NGO, there are smart bidding tactics available based on your organization’s objectives. With tools like Maximise Conversions Target ROAS, you can now bypass the $2 bid limit and take your nonprofit’s ad performance to new heights. However, to make the most of these bidding tactics, you first need to set up effective conversion tracking. By doing so, you can better understand which ads are driving the desired outcomes and adjust your bidding strategy accordingly. So if you want to make the most of your Google Grants for NGO, it’s important to consider implementing these advanced bidding tactics.
Make your quality score a priority.
Quality rather than quantity is important with Ad Grants; thus, concentrating on your Quality Score is something you should strive for. A higher-quality ad can result in reduced CPCs and better ad placement.
Continue to test Google ads.
Don’t be hesitant to try out alternative ad text to determine what succeeds and what doesn’t. Create a variety of adverts and test them to see how they perform.
Famous NGOs using Google Ad grants
Some examples of popular NGOs who use Google Ad Grants are KETTO, Milap, Give India, Robinhood Army etc. Some other prominent examples are:
- DonorsChoose.org – Over 5,000 gifts were delivered to public schools.
- SOS Children’s Villages of India – Increased website traffic by more than 30%.
- Days for Girls – An average donation of $212 was made to empower women all across the globe.
- Samaritans – Over $48,000 was raised for their helpline through online donations.
- We Care Animal Rescue – Monthly adoption applicants increased by 125%.
- The Federation of Canadian Artists – 70,000 new website visitors were connected to their exhibits.
Google Grants for NGOs is an excellent opportunity for nonprofit organizations to promote their goals and make a bigger impact on society. All nonprofits that meet Google for Nonprofits requirements should participate in this program without delay. With the Google Ad Grants program, NGOs can advertise their efforts on Google’s ecosystem and reach a wider audience. However, not all NGOs have the expertise to handle digital marketing. If you are struggling with Google Grants for NGO, our team can help. We provide expert services in Google Ads, Paid Ads, SEO, and SEM to help you make the most of your Google Grants for NGO. Contact us by dropping in your details on our website or sending us a direct message here to learn more about our services.